Monday, June 20, 2011

These Critters are Growing on me...

My second day in the lab. Friday wasn't terribly exciting - just looking at larval clams and oysters and practicing moving individuals around (actually not as hard as it sounds when you consider that you can barely see them with the naked eye). Today I actually ran a trial of my actual experiment and helped with another project in the lab. I must say though, these larvae are kinda cute when they're just floating around...


They're winning me over...

In other news, I have office space in my lab! I feel so official :) And I just signed the lease on a lovely house that I get to move into with my two best friends in August. I'm so excited!

Fact of the Post: Not marine science-related, but still cool - researchers at Washington University in St. Louis found that negative emotions can actually enhance memory. I won't include a picture...I'll let you come up with your own scary image...

No comments:

Post a Comment