Saturday, June 18, 2011

Conflicting Loves

I'm back from a week in the mean streets of DC. The streets are comforting and familiar though. They're home.



DC is not, however, a popular gathering ground for marine scientists.


I wouldn't try this in the Potomac river.

I've been feeling so much more conflict lately about how I was raised and where my career is leading me. For better or worse, I'm a city girl. I love the lights, the energy, the wealth of things to do. But I also love nature. It's calm, it's pure. I don't think one is more beautiful than the other - they're just different. I feel like many in my field would disagree, but that's my opinion. Hopefully one day I'll be able to experience both.

Fact of the Post: Andrew Huxley won the Nobel Prize in the 1960s for using the giant axon of a squid to describe action potential in neurons.


Say WAAA!?


No comments:

Post a Comment