Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bahhhh Jellies!

One final down, one (take home) to go. I was discussing this with a friend yesterday, but I wish my particular institution had a more...formal way of celebrating the end of the year. At my undergrad institution, there was a midnight breakfast and a dance party in the library among other things. Anyways...

My orals have been officially scheduled for June 6. I haven't thought about it yet due to the previously mentioned take home final, but I'm feeling confident that I'll be well-prepared. It was comforting to go over possible topics with my advisor and realize that I've learned everything at one point - it's just a matter of refreshing my memory.

For some fun marine science, Look what's been washing up on the beach! Cannonball jellies!



Now, I openly admit that I'm not a fan of jellies. I hate the idea of something causing so much pain without the awareness to think "Hey, there's something in my way; I'll move away". Although I can't lie, I really wanted to pick one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment