Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Life gets in the way sometimes...

So my initial plan was to keep regular posts about how I got to where I am, and how I'm surviving graduate school. Then a little thing called....graduate school....happened. So my apologies; I promise I'll stay on top of things as my life will apparently become ten times calmer (according to older students). So for a quick overview of the past couple of months...

- Somehow survived the hardest semester at my program with a passing GPA....which means I get to keep my TAship, woot!
- Also survived my first semester teaching undergrad biology labs. It started out very stressful, and I often wondered if my kids liked/respeted me. But seeing some kids pass with Bs and Cs when they were failing at mid-term period, to have kids argue over who's lab I should teach next semester...I've never felt such a reward.
- I feel extremely close to my cohort, and to everyone in my program in general. Late-night study sessions will do that to you.

I'm currently back in DC for winter break, so I'll have more time to catch up. For now, a pretty accurate representation of the past four months of my life:

No comments:

Post a Comment